To comply with Public Health England’s requirements, we have adopted the following inspection procedures so we can provide a safe approach to yourselves as the client and ourselves as Surveyors.
We feel it is important that you are aware that Tracey and I are a husband and wife Chartered Surveyors firm made up of only ourselves and working from our home environment. This environment is a detached house located in a semi-rural location set within the East Midlands.
Although Tracey has no need to leave our home office, I will continue to travel to appointments but will reduce the time that I need to leave my car. This will involve refuelling at “pay-at-the-pump” filling stations, using drive through facilities for refreshments if required and making sure I have the appropriate necessities for my working day prior to leaving home including the relevant PPE equipment.
The two metre social distancing advice will be complied with during the inspection as follows
- An appointment time will be arranged for arrival within a specified hour.
- We will provide you with an on-line questionnaire when you confirm the appointment time – this will answer our normal enquiries which would have been made with a face to face meeting.
- The Surveyor will phone the client when he arrives externally.
- Discussion regarding the pre-filled questionnaire and any subsequent considerations regarding the property will take place prior to the inspection internally.
- The Surveyor will then attach a face mask to protect the client and latex gloves to protect the Surveyor.
- The Surveyor will knock on the door and then withdraw two metres. The client and occupiers can either leave the property to the garden/car or garage, or self-isolate as a whole in one room.
- The Surveyor will inspect the property internally to assess the condition and layout. This inspection should take approximately five minutes. It is important that all internal doors are left open if possible.
- The surveyor will leave the property, return to his vehicle and then contact the client to discuss the inspection and to advise on the process to follow for the submission.
- This submission process will be reconfirmed by email when the Valuation Report is sent to the client.
If you wish to discuss any part of this procedure, then please contact us.
Richard and Tracey Harmer.